Hello friends, as it is the winter season and you must be looking for some amazing different or spicy recipes to eat in your meals. We all love to eat hot and spicy dishes in winter. So we have an amazing dish that is sweet potato and black bean chilli. You must have eaten potato Chilli but sweet potato Stay in touch with our website TheWestMinsterPromenade for the latest entertainment updates!!!!!!
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili Recipe
And black bean chilli is also a very amazing spicy and tasty dish that we can easily cook and it is very nutritious and healthy to eat. It requires sweet potato and black beans as the main ingredients. Apart from this we only need the sauces and masala for making the spice elements. So let’s start with our article to provide you all with teh recipe for sweet potato and black bean chilli.
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili Ingredients
- 500 g Orange fleshed sweet potatoes that should be Peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground dried Chipotle pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Some cloves of garlic should be minced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon Dried oregano
- 1 Tomato
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 ½ teaspoons white sugar
- 3 cans of black beans that should be rinsed and drained
- 2 pinch cayenne pepper
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili Directions
It’s up to you if you want to peel the potatoes or not. The following steps to prepare the sweet potato and black bean chili are as follows–
- First, we need to mix the small pieces of sweet potatoes with chipotle pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and salt to taste accordingly. At the same time, we need to preheat the oven. After mixing sweet potatoes we will spread them in a single layer in the heated oven.
- We will roast all the sweet potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes to make them Little brown and crispy or crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. Then cool it to room temperature.
- After this, we will take a pan, put some olive oil and fry the onion till 5 it becomes soft and brown. We will also add garlic, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, ancho Chile powder, cumin, and oregano together and stir all this in a medium flame.
- We will then pour chopped tomatoes and water into the fried onions and stir it for some time. We then add the remaining cornmeal, salt, and cocoa powder and stir it for the next 30 minutes.
- Lastly, add the cooled potatoes and Black beans to the Onion tomato mixture and add water if it is thick. Stir it for the next 15 minutes and season it with Salt and Cayenne pepper to add more taste. The sweet potato black bean chilli is ready now it can be served with sour cream and cilantro.